Field Application Scientist
Location: Flexible Location
Position Type: Full time
Carterra is hiring a Field Application Scientist (FAS), based in the heartland (Salt Lake to the Mid-Atlantic), to interface with customers and conduct product demonstrations, seminars, product launch projects, training, and scientific support.
Carterra www.carterra-bio.com, based in Salt Lake City, UT, is disrupting the label-free interaction analysis market with the first high-throughput platform and equally dynamic software tools. We are a global life science instrumentation business with 100 units installed across four continents and in 16 of the largest 20 pharmaceutical companies in the world. We are looking for a pace-setting Field Applications Scientist to join our growing team to provide strong technical and scientific support to our customers as part of the pre- and post-sales processes.
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) reports to the Application Science Team Lead and will be a member of our integrated sales team, working with current and potential customers to facilitate the sales process. The role encompasses developing applications and protocols, traveling to potential customer sites to conduct technical presentations, and writing reports, application notes, publications, and white papers. The FAS also provides post-sales customer training and scientific support. She/He will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers. Manage customer expectations while providing a high level of customer support during pre- and post-sales activities. Communicate with customers to help them understand methodologies, applications, and how to use the Carterra platform properly.
- Plan and schedule pre- and post-sales support in conjunction with the sales executive.
- Conduct both internal and external training courses in basic and advanced instrument and software usage, data interpretation, and assay design. Help design and develop new course materials, and provide feedback to commercial marketing for new course concepts
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone and email. Document customer interactions in SalesForce.com and work within the organization to resolve user issues. Provide high quality customer support in accordance with customer satisfaction measurements
- Be a self-starter able to manage time and organize workload between the Customer Experience Center and the field.
- Work in a team environment with sales executives, product marketing, and product management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Maintain SalesForce.com records relating to customer interactions, complaints, etc.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline.
- Preferred prior experience as a field-based Applications Scientist for SPR or BLI instrumentation.
- Required 5+ years of experience using SPR or other label-free interaction analysis platforms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Base can be anywhere between Salt Lake and the Mid-Atlantic regions with driving access to a hub airport; expect regular travel to customers or one of the Customer Experience Centers, and any additional travel as required. Some International travel if the need arises.
- Travel: up to 50%
- Excellent knowledge of the theory of protein binding interactions, concepts of affinity and avidity measurements, kinetic and equilibrium state binding measurements, mathematical understanding of binding and dissociation equations and the thermodynamics that underlies biomolecular interactions.
- Understanding of protein biochemistry including conjugation, protein stability, and proper handling. Extensive experience in immunoassay development is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team.
- Teaching or training experience including design and delivery of basic and advanced concepts to technical or non-technical individuals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with management, sales and service teams, as well as with customers.
- Strong team player with proven ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and their operating systems a plus.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com