Senior Manufacturing Optical Technician
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Hourly
Employment Type: Permanent
The Carterra name is based on two core concepts: Cartography (mapping) and terra (worlds); literally meaning “mapping worlds.” This represents the Company’s high-speed, high-resolution label-free biosensor technologies, which are being used by leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to thoroughly explore new worlds in biotherapeutic drug discovery that were previously impossible to investigate. This technology will allow researchers to make well-informed decisions early in the drug discovery process where risks and costs can be significantly mitigated.
Under direction of your manager, the Sr Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for the manufacture, quality and testing of system critical mechanical subassemblies with a primary focus on electro-mechanical optical modules along with a variety of other activities necessary to support manufacturing.
JOB DUTIES AND Responsibilities:
- Assemble, test and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical and optical modules
- Utilize a variety of different test and measurement equipment to inspect and/or troubleshoot optical components and assemblies
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as drawings, operating and maintenance instructions and work instructions/procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to use logic and reasoning to assess issues and effectively work towards resolution
- Work closely with R&D on future optical designs by building prototypes and executing test plans
- Create technical work instructions and other manufacturing related documentation
- Process and resolve corrective actions and non-conformances
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Comply with all EHS regulations and policies at all times.
- Focus on continuous improvement utilizing lean manufacturing and other problem-solving techniques
- Understands there will be other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years working with optics and/or optical assemblies
- 5+ years working with other complex electromechanical assemblies
- Experience working in cleanrooms, laminar flow hood and clean manufacturing environments
- Highly detail oriented with a strong focus on quality
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills utilizing various analytical equipment and measurement technologies, including electronics
- Experience using MS Office, Excel and comfort learning new SW programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited direction; self-starter
- Collaborative and team oriented
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields or equivalent experience, preferred
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Able to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in performance of tasks.
- Dexterity to work with small components requiring small, precise alignment
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org