Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Type: Full-time
Carterra is a fast-growing life science bio-tech technology company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Carterra name is based on two core concepts: Cartography (mapping) and terra (worlds); literally meaning “mapping worlds.” This represents the Company’s exciting new high-speed, high-resolution label-free biosensor technology, which is being used by leading pharmaceutical and bio-technology companies to thoroughly explore new worlds in biotherapeutic drug discovery that were previously impossible to investigate. Our products allow researchers to identify potential targets early in the drug discovery process where risks and costs can be significantly mitigated.
Here are Carterra, you will develop complex instrumentation used for measuring biomolecular interactions. This includes automated fluid / sample handling mechanisms, sample preparation and sample delivery mechanisms that consist of fluidic controls, motion controls, and thermal controls.
Carterra is looking for a high energy experienced Mechanical Engineer that is an expert in designing products for a research laboratory setting in the life sciences industry. Carterra is a fast-paced company that needs someone who can move quickly towards engineering solutions.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience designing instrumentation in the life science industry.
- Experience with taking Market or Product requirements and developing system level requirements and specifications.
- Experience defining and developing test strategies for V&V
- Proficient in Solidworks 2018 or later.
- Expert designing systems for manufacturability and reliability.
- Ability to work well with a team of interdisciplinary engineers.
- Desire and ability to understand and master an entire system design.
- Deliver high quality reliable detailed designs as well as high level system architecture designs.
- Responsible for writing system requirements and specifications for new products or updates to existing products and owning those requirements through release.
- Work within the new product development group as a key role in system development
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and reaching beyond the “job description” at times to get things done.
- Responsible with following through on designs by testing and working with test groups to ensure product requirements are met.
- Work with manufacturing departments to ensure all needs are met for transfer to manufacturing activities.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com