Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Type: Full time
The Carterra name is based on two core concepts: Cartography (mapping) and terra (worlds); literally meaning “mapping worlds.” This represents the Company’s high-speed, high-resolution label-free biosensor technologies, which are being used by leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to thoroughly explore new worlds in biotherapeutic drug discovery that were previously impossible to investigate. This technology will allow researchers to make well-informed decisions early in the drug discovery process where risks and costs can be significantly mitigated.
Under direction of your manager, the lab technician is responsible for manufacture of solutions and chemical coatings, product quality, testing, and a variety of other activities necessary to sustain manufacturing.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Prepares chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas or creation of experimental formulas.
- Possesses lab skills required to set up, troubleshoot and maintain lab equipment. Can set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses variety of instrumentation.
- Knowledge and experience safely handling, labeling and coordinating disposal of hazardous chemicals.
- Can consult user manuals and implement the technical instructions to ensure all lab setups and demos are functional ahead of the lab sessions.
- Possesses good technical writing and verbal communication skills; helps staff in creating and improving lab instructions and is able to explain a demonstration or lab setup to coworkers, manager, or visitors, when needed.
- Has the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Has excellent trouble-shooting skills, an aptitude for working with lab and production equipment.
- Has excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Maintain, clean and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Is reliable and punctual and can work effectively in team environment.
- Can order and inventory materials in order to maintain supplies.
- Understands there will be other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including general labor.
- Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Be able to handle hazardous chemicals and dispose of them appropriately.
- 5 + years or reagent manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Associates degree in biology, chemistry, or other scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Able to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in performance of tasks.
- Able to wear applicable lab and manufacturing safety equipment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Carterra, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carterra does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Employment is contingent on successfully passing a background and past employer reference check. Salary DOE. Please check out our website at www.carterra-bio.com for more information.
Pay: $15 – $18 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Vaccinations and mask-wearing are both encouraged.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org