Sales Operations Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Type: Full time
Carterra is hiring a Sales Operations Manager in its Salt Lake City, Utah, headquarters to provide support for its growing commercial operation. This team player will work with his/her peers in the sales, marketing, and operations teams to ensure that Carterra’s customer experience is second to none.
Carterra is passionate about providing customers with ground-breaking, high-throughput instrumentation, software, and applications that enable faster drug discovery. The first COVID-19 therapeutic was discovered using our platform, the LSA, which is now the standard in 16 of the largest 20 pharmaceutical companies in the world. We are looking for a qualified Sales Operations Manager to provide strong support for our growing commercial organization.
In this role, the Sales Operations Manager will report to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the global commercial organization as well as refining current processes to drive efficiency and quality. Delivering a world-class experience to both internal and external customers will be paramount in this role. You will interface with every functional group in the company as you execute on the following aspects of this role:
- Work closely with the CCO on a range of strategic and tactical initiatives that support the commercial operation including, but not limited to: o Sales forecasting
- Territory and expense management
- Sales reporting, metrics, analysis, and commissions
- CRM administration and analytics (Salesforce.com)
- Field Service administration and metrics tracking
- Product marketing e.g. tradeshow support, lead tracking, fulfillment, metrics
- Order entry, order processing, and shipping
- Sales meeting planning and execution
- Other administrative activities
- Interface with other functional leaders in Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Software development to ensure that our processes are coordinated. Establish a new process where necessary to maximize efficiency and output.
- Maintain the profile of the commercial organization within the company so that it is seen as a leader in execution, communication, efficiency, and culture.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree or 5+ years of business experience. Experience working in a sales and/or marketing organization is required.
- Salesforce.com familiarity required; administrator-level skills preferred.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and improving processes related to commercial operations.
- Small company experience preferred, including a willingness to engage in both high-impact/high-visibility initiatives as well as administrative tasks.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Travel requirement—rare.
- A professional presentation and demeanor that invites a collaborative and productive work exchange with colleagues.
- Any experience in the life sciences or biotech companies will be additive.
- Goal orientation and the ability to bring others along on the journey to success.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with customers, field applications scientists, as well as with management.
- Strong team player with proven ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of computers, operating systems, and software especially MS Office, Salesforce.com, Tableau, or Acumatica.
- Self-starter, energetic, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com